Like everything else in this era of endless choice, there seem to be infinite options when it comes to choosing a sofa. You might think you know exactly what you want, but once you walk into a shop or browse images online, the styles, shapes, and customization alternatives can become overwhelming. Save yourself the time, money, and potential buyer's remorse and use these tips to get a clear idea of what you want (and what you need!) before you start the hunt.
1. Consider size first. If you have a bigger living room, you'll need to decide exactly how much of the living room you want your couch to fill.
2. Decide exactly how the sofa will be oriented. Successfully organizing a living space starts with analyzing your lifestyle.
3. Determine which shape will suit the room best. Now that you've decided your sofa's function, it's time to figure out which shape will help it fulfill that purpose.
4. Research upholstery materials. Which will be best for you? Aesthetic is important, but functionality is key when it comes to choosing a material for your sofa. A lot of us that would love to indulge in a plush, white suede sofa —they're so gorgeous, but so dangerous.
5. Choose a style that complements your home. It can be a little hard to nail down your own personal style, but go with your gut instinct when picking the type of couch that will fit naturally in your home.
6. Pick a color: bright, printed, or neutral? Don't be afraid to choose a couch with a fun or unique print! It can add a surprisingly personal touch and quickly transform the feel of the entire room.